GameMaker QA Tester
Come work with us
Join us to help shape the future of game development!
Working at YoYo Games in our Dundee, Scotland office, you will help to bring the dreams of aspiring game developers into reality. Using state of the art technologies, we have a passion for making games development accessible to the masses. We focus on breaking down the barriers to entry and allowing anyone to make high quality products that can be distributed to a wide variety of game stores.
Made by game developers, for game developers.
- Ensuring the quality of the GameMaker Studio 2 development environment our in-built game functions, and how GMS2’s build tools interact with third-party tools and processes to deliver high-quality results for GMS2 user’s own games
- Testing new IDE functionality and new in-game functionality (including new platforms and new devices), giving design feedback during development of these new features, and reviewing documentation at all stages of development
- Reviewing documentation, maintaining and occasionally writing support guides
- Writing tests in an automation environment (previous experience in an industry-standard package is preferred)
- Becoming an expert in the various tools, operating systems, game stores/marketplaces, and third-party SDKs which GMS2 supports - staying up-to-date with their announcements and factoring this into your day-to-day tasks
- Following/creating manual test plans and acceptance criteria
- Interacting with GMS2 users via our helpdesk to investigate bug reports and answer queries
- Previous software testing experience (having only game qa experience is not ideal, but candidates with strong existing technical skills will be considered)
- Good knowledge of video game development standard practices and terminology
- Basic knowledge of website development (although, note that this is not a website tester role)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills when working as part of a small team
- An understanding of prioritising your workload and ensuring that deadlines are adhered to.- working under pressure / short-notice when needed
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and macOS use (Ubuntu also preferred), ideally including installation and configuration of these operating systems
We will review applications on a rolling basis, apply now!
YoYo Games joined the Opera family in January 2021. We believe in an open, relaxed and fun environment where creativity and talent thrive and is encouraged every day. From our humble beginnings, we have always ensured that GameMaker was built and developed with usability and efficiency in mind – and that’s no different today. A single code base and a low barrier to entry coupled with a very high skill ceiling mean we accommodate all levels of user, from the hobbyists to the seasoned developers. We then allow all games to run natively across a multitude of platforms including PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, OS X, HTML5, Linux, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT.
Opera is a Norwegian company founded in 1995 publicly listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.