Location: The role can be located in any Opera's legal entity in Europe.
Opera is a leading global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments.
As a Product Designer at Opera you will be joining an international team where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution and contribute to the efforts for the GX.games hobbyist and indie game publishing solution. Join us in our mission to help novice game developers find success.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Contribute in GX.games product design and gaining a deep understanding of how to reduce friction between the game developers, players and our services.
- Explore and set game industry trends that resonate with game developer sensibilities.
- Create rapid prototypes and user flows to help us navigate visual communication.
- Iterate prototypes through to realized features with team input (product, design, engineers).
- Craft and apply design patterns, processes, and best practices that are lightweight.
- At least 2 years of experience as a product designer for a game related platform, indie game publisher, middleware or service company that caters to game developers and makes games for PC or consoles.
- Deep understanding and empathy for indie game developers and similar groups that want to make a living of their creative work online.
- A positive and creative mind that generates inspiring and delightful visuals and energy.
- Self-starter that can execute independently and collaborate with candor.
- Proficiency in industry standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.).
- A portfolio that showcases thoughtful, simple, deliberate intuitive and proven design, with extraordinary interaction, motion, and visuals.
An Ideal Candidate’s Profile:
- Experienced UI designer having worked on several released indie games on PC or consoles.
- Experience and/or understanding of game publishing.
- Experience on a user generated content platform
- Worked on a global audience service.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Opera diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognise that being diverse and inclusive makes us stronger as a business. Our aim is to attract, recruit and retain people who reflect the diverse nature of our business, clients, and communities regardless of nationality, ethnicity, faith, belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background, age, and disability.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work remotely in Europe on a flexible core hour schedule.
- An international internet company culture with products that address a massive global user base.
- Flat structured environment where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution.
- You’ll be joining our journey at an early stage where your voice will have a big impact.
We will review applications continuously, so apply now! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, a Video Streaming Service Loomi, and apps committed to gaming, and sports. Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Spain, and Sweden, and a presence in many other countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.