Opera Software is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join the growing Opera Fintech Engineering Team located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The team in our Gothenburg office has been specializing in exploring new domains and bringing new products to market in a fast-paced iterative environment. We spent the last two years building OPay, a successful payment product for the African market. It has quickly risen to become the top mobile money and ride-hailing app in Nigeria and is expanding across Sub-Saharan Africa.
As our team now switches focus to a new European fin-tech product, we need to grow our team with smart and playful colleagues. On our team you will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain we work in. Our team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address real needs for millions of people.
The Gothenburg office has a relaxed, casual and fun atmosphere with Friday beers, board game evenings, great comradery and above all, a lot of laughs. Here there is time for both socialization and play, but also plenty of opportunities to learn new things, take responsibility, develop as a professional and contribute to our exciting products.
- Collaborating with an autonomous team of developers, designers and other QA and product owners to coordinate on product design and offer input on the testability of functional elements and product designs
- Understanding, and using, design patterns during development
- Understanding user stories and acceptance criteria to create and execute test cases
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Android, iOS, and Web
- Researching test tools, methodologies and trends, and upgrading existing practices and processes
- Developing tools to assist manual and exploratory testing
- Setting up dashboards for reporting test results in real time
- Managing the final quality on production release
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A passion for testing, development and design
- Experience with Java, Python or Go
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools
- Experience in developing tests using BDD techniques
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with Agile work processes
- Self-motivated, structured, and able to take initiative as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Ideal knowledge and skills
- Domain knowledge in fintech
- Knowledge of Java programming language, paradigms, constructs, idioms, framework, and tools
- Knowledge of docker and system operations
- Experience with networking and backend APIs: REST, GraphQL, gRPC
- Understanding of Material Design Guidelines and best practices for Android app engineering and design
- Understanding of Apple Human Interface Guidelines and best practices for iOS app engineering and design