Location: Position ideally to be located in Berlin, (Germany), Oslo (Norway), Wrocław (Poland).
Opera is looking for a new talented and passionate team member to join our marketing team as Communications Manager!
As a Communication Manager, you will have a key role in shaping the communications aspect of our products, which are used by more than 380 million people around the world. This is a global role so that you will be working across several markets and products.
- Develop communication strategies in collaboration with stakeholders and work closely with marketing to ensure the alignment of internal and external messaging
- Write different types of content from press-releases and blogs to statements and IR announcements
- Communicate with journalists on a daily basis in different forms such as pitches, interviews, paid media placements, partnerships etc.
- Handle internal communications through creating executive´s bios, Q&As, brief docs and providing media trainings
- Brainstorm new approaches to communications and streamlining our day-to-day work
- Attend meetings and brainstorm with product and marketing teams
- Constantly monitor the media field and identify relevant for Opera trends
- Evaluate the sentiment around the brand and handle crisis situations
- Report on the PR side of activities and product launches
- Manage the PR agencies and agents across the world, including hiring, briefing, approving the budgets, evaluating the results etc.
- Act as the primary corporate point of contact for media queries and engagements
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding English, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple international internal and external teams.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- You must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- An avid interest in and preferably experience in new technologies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ideally background from journalism and PR agency experience.
We review applications on a rolling basis, apply now!
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Sweden and Scotland, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol