Opera Software is looking for a Java Developer to join the growing Opera Fintech Engineering Team located in Tallinn, Estonia.
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fin-tech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The team in our Tallinn office is focusing on a new European fin-tech product and for this reason we need to grow our team with smart and dedicated colleagues. On our team you will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain we work in. Our team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address the real needs of millions of people.
The Tallinn office is all about creating an environment that is not only suited for working in comfort, but also values helping employees continuously develop their professional skills.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with an autonomous team of developers, designers, testers and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Involvement in architectural and design discussions, building toward an efficient, extensible, and secure payment system
- Improving test coverage and product quality
We expect You to have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of web architecture and distributed systems
- Knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Diligence for quality and an understanding of what it means to ship high-quality code in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, performant, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with SQL databases
- Self-motivated, structured and able to take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with an eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
- An opportunity to experience the challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge base of global users
- A team of supportive and experienced people to work with
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch work tools
- Company benefits