About Opera and Opera News
Founded in 1995, Opera is one of the world’s leading Internet brands. A leading browser, AI-driven digital content and service distribution platform.
Developed from 2016, Opera News is one of the rising international AI powered digital content platforms, which has more than 200M+ monthly users across different continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa) and from different platforms (Opera Browsers, Opera News App, etc).
Opera News is seeking an experienced Marketing and Product Manager to lead our marketing growth efforts and product improvement in DE, improve our product value with better content and function to increase user retention, as well as promoting our product awareness in the market and optimizing installs for our news app on Google Play and App Store.
This hire will start as a senior IC but through their successes will have the opportunity to quickly grow into a team lead.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad range of proven growth skills, digital content/media industry insights, good understanding and strategic thinking about the audience, with the fast pace and evolving needs of a fast evolving/growing product.
1. Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
2. Develop product positioning strategies, and translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
3. Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
4. Work closely with engineering teams across geographic locations to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
5. Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
6. Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
7. Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
1. BS/BA degree or above.
2. Proven product experience with consumer digital content/media internet products, with good understanding/experience on A/B testing, user retention, app uninstall rate, user acquisition, and so on.
3. Good understanding on internet digital content/media industry and user needs/value proposition.
4. Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
5. Experienced in performing product-oriented quantitative and statistical analysis.
6. Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Great collaboration skills, able to work well with other marketers, designers, engineers, editors, product managers and 3rd parties.
We provide a highly competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses and other benefits. A flat organization, an open/innovative and efficient culture makes this a perfect environment to make a huge impact on our product and grow your skill set.