Associate Content Writer – Telugu/ Tamil/ Kannada/ Malayalam / Hindi
Opera, a well-known international company with a glorious history, is creating a new content business - Opera News. We invite you to join our growing team to serve quality contents to hundreds of millions of users!
We are seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented and experienced Content Writer for Opera News.
This position is full-time and will be based in Noida, India. The ideal candidate will have a passion for news and digital content. A background in the digital media is a must.
The Content Writer will deliver relevant, personalized news & content, as well as help our users discover new style of content. The candidate is also expected to have a wide experience in social media network, a strong news sense, knowledge of traditional and new media journalism, have passion for apps and be a self-starter.
Opera offers a positive, fun and international work atmosphere where you can make a difference! This is your chance to shape the future of our products and brand – join us at the heart of all things Opera.
Location: Noida, India
Experience: 0-3 years
One has to be proficient (both speaking and writing) in at least one of the languages below Telugu/ Tamil/ Kannada/ Malayalam / Hindi
- Creating New Headlines & Titles for Trending Topics
- Responsible for the overall progress of the language in terms of content operation
- Exploring content trends by regular research and analysis.
- Writing/Editing Latest Articles For The App
- Making Sure the Articles are best according to the Opera Standards
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with the team for new ideas and strategies.
- Understand the local contents and curate the best local content for our app
- Creating concise, eye-catching, and innovative headlines.
- Track the latest news and make sure the hottest news and topics are added.
- Track, understand and categorize different news sources.
- Skill for rewriting long headlines in to shorter format for hand held devices.
- Push breaking news and trending topics in all Opera's news products.
- He / She must have the ability to analyse and summarize a project's progress.
- Work across Opera teams and offices to support companywide projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Literature or related field
- Passion and knowledge for news and mobile apps.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in online media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with CMS; advanced editing skills.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Data analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented under pressure.
- Work closely with engineers to provide feedback for machine learning.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours can accept to work on night shift or weekend