Position: Compliance Officer
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, and news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy products.
Our offices are all about creating an environment suited for working in comfort and values to help employees develop their professional skills.
Our Tallinn office team is focusing on a new European fintech product in cooperation with an Estonian licensed financial institution, and for this reason, our team needs to grow with smart and dedicated team members. Joining our team, you will be surrounded by supportive and experienced team members.
You will be working closely with the Head of Compliance of our partner licensed payment service provider on assuring the legal compliance of its financial services, business, procedures, control systems, and conduct. Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, drafting, and improving internal rules and procedures to meet the highest standards
- Supporting the development of our existing and future state-of-the-art financial products to ensure compliance with the regulatory environment
- Leading proceedings with public authorities across the EEA
- Leading corporate, contracts, data protection, and other legal matters to support our growing business
- Dealing with a range of financial sector regulatory challenges and communicating with public authorities in Estonia and other EEA countries
We expect You to have:
- Masters’ degree in Law
- Analytical mind and logical thinking
- High proficiency in English and Estonian
- High motivation to build a fast-going international fintech organization
- High level of communication and team working skills
- Experience in working with some of the areas listed above in a financial institution or a regulator, and relevant knowledge
- a challenging work in an international internet company with a considerable base of global users
- supportive and experienced colleagues
- team benefits
- good opportunities for self-development and growth