Location: Position to be located in Berlin, (Germany), Oslo (Norway), Wrocław (Poland), or Gothenburg or Linköping (Sweden).
We are looking for a new talented and passionate team member to join our marketing team!
As our Gaming Communication Manager, you will have a key role in shaping the communications aspect of our products, which are used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. This is a global role so you will be working across several markets and products.
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new product features, launches, events, and promotions.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related.
- Identify international events and editorial opportunities to contribute to a modern PR strategy.
- Establish good relations and liaise with top international journalists to build trust, brand credibility, and interest in Opera products.
- Prepare media activity reports and report on projects.
- Manage international PR agencies and content creation teams.
- Be a public spokesperson who can represent the company.
- Monitor online reputation and manage responses, ensure accurate external communication and anticipate risks.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- A deep knowledge and passion for gaming.
- An existing network of contacts to gaming-centric media outlets.
- Outstanding English, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple international internal and external teams.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- An avid interest in new technologies and preferably experience with.
- You must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
We review applications on a rolling basis, apply now!
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Sweden and Scotland, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.