Position: Automation Team Lead
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, and news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy products.
The teams in our Tallinn and Gothenburg offices are focusing on a new European fintech product, and for this reason our team needs to grow with smart and lively colleagues. On our team you will be surrounded by supportive and experienced team members who have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain we work in. Our team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address the real needs of millions of people.
Our offices are all about creating an environment that is not only suited for working in comfort, but also values helping employees continuously develop their professional skills.
We expect You to have:
- 5+ years of software development and/ or testing experience
- Experience with modern testing frameworks
- Expertise in Quality Assurance techniques and experience in client-side performance testing strategies
- Experience with developing and designing automates tests, and coaching engineers on best practices, development techniques, security, tech debt balance, code quality etc.
- Ability to translate architecture vision into concrete system designs
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code - you can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and customer support teams
- Experience with implementing and maintaining CI/ CD automation pipelines using tools like Jenkins or similar
Your responsibilities include:
- work with the development, quality assurance, and product management teams to design and implement test and validation strategies
- contribute to robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, integration and performance testing
- improve our test framework
- estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate results
- an opportunity to experience the challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge base of global users
- a team of supportive and experienced people to work with
- competitive compensation package and benefits
- Good opportunities for self-development and growth