Position: Senior QA Engineer
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, and news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy products.
The teams in our Tallinn and Gothenburg offices are focusing on a new European fintech product, and for this reason our team needs to grow with smart and lively colleagues. On our team you will be surrounded by supportive and experienced team members who have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain we work in. Our team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address the real needs of millions of people.
Our offices are all about creating an environment that is not only suited for working in comfort, but also values helping employees continuously develop their professional skills.
We expect You to have:
- proven ability to translate functional stories and use-cases into working test plans
- experience with automated testing tools including Selenium, Gherkin, Cucumber or similar is required
- 4-6 years of QA Automation experience
- a Python or Java background is required
- experience with Jenkins, and AWS Cloud is strongly preferred
- comfortable working in an Agile Scrum development environment
- demonstrated skill in adhering to coding best practices and being an active participant in code reviews
- strong verbal and written communication skills
Your responsibilities include:
- work with the development, quality assurance, and product management teams to design and implement test and validation strategies
- contribute to robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, integration and performance testing
- improve our test framework
- estimate test efforts, analyse and communicate results
- an opportunity to experience the challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge base of global users
- a team of supportive and experienced people to work with
- competitive compensation package