Make an impact on the browsing experience of 360+ million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI designer who will co-create interfaces of Opera browsers for computers and mobiles, along with our research, development and QA teams and product managers, in a constant cycle of idea-to-implementation-to-feedback.
You will have a chance to learn how to develop mature products used by over 360M people all over the world, taking care of interface design freshness, consistency and modernity. “Beauty meets usability” is our interface design mantra.
- Sketch ideas during brainstorming sessions
- Gather UX/UI inspirations, follow technology and design trends
- Visualise design goals and product roadmap in a cooperation with product management
- Create or take care of a product design system
- Design interface for flows and features for products across web, mobile and television screens
- Prepare high fidelity mock-ups with a specification for engineering team
- Develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts, using creative approach
- Improve final designs according to clients comments
- Cooperate with developers and testers on a product quality
- Prepare interactive prototypes
- Help to conduct researches
- Take part in user tests
- 3+ years' experience of working on on a Product Designer or other relevant position
- UX/UI Design or Fine Arts related studies or background in a relevant area, e.g., Sociology
- Excellent knowledge of interaction design and information architecture
- Profound UI design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects
- Self-educated if supported with a rich experience in portfolio
- Experience with commercial projects (whether from working for software houses, agencies, IT companies or freelance)
- A hunger to make improvements, attention to details, empathy for understanding users’ perception of a product
- An open mind for problem-solving, ready for creating and killing ideas
- Ability to communicate ideas and explain design choices
- Ability to gather a feedback and change it into action points
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
- Flexibility and self-driven personality, well-organised workflow
- Work in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin and Adobe CC
- English language - fluent in speaking and writing