Opera is growing its Global IT Team in Poland. We are looking for a Senior Storage and Server Infrastructure Engineer to help us build, expand, and improve our cloud computing platform. You will work with the Global IT Team and several product teams on designing, delivering, automating, and maintaining Opera’s private cloud environment.
While everybody is using the cloud today, you’ll be building it!
- Design, implement and maintain Ceph storage clusters for the computational, virtualization and containerization platforms used at Opera.
- Work in Ceph block and object storage environments composed of over 100 nodes.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of Opera’s cloud platform, spread across many data centers around the globe. You’ll be analyzing its needs, designing solutions, and setting up and maintaining the platform’s large scale environment by using many bleeding-edge technologies.
- Unleash the power of automation upon thousands of physical machines and bind them to your will.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Cooperate with Opera’s managers and equipment suppliers in large-scale datacenter hardware procurement processes.
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science/Data Analysis or equivalent
- Proficiency with Ceph storage clusters (S3-compatible object storage and block storage alike)
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP stack and industry standards like DHCP, DNS, PXE, TFTP, HTTPS
- Hands-on experience with datacenter remote operations: server management via IPMI and Redfish, “Remote Hands” operations
- Experience with Linux systems administration and OS unattended installation systems
- Experience with monitoring and alerting toolkits (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
- Ability to write code in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Basic knowledge of hyper-converged Proxmox + Ceph clusters
- Network knowledge allowing for Linux-based system troubleshooting
- Ability to quickly iterate on new ideas with a fail-fast approach
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (B2 or higher)
What we offer
- Work in an international environment as part of well-known brand
- Small independent team
- Flexible working hours
- Big impact on the organization
- Your work will be seen by millions of people each day
- Opportunity to learn new technologies
- The chance to work remotely and/or from the office
- Work on the equipment of your choice to the highest specification
- Self-development opportunities
- Healthcare package and life insurance
- Multisport card and co-financing for health and fitness services
- Employee referral program
- AskHenry concierge service, English lessons, massages at the office
- Parking close to the office
- Quarterly integration events
- Daily breakfast in the office kitchen
- Playroom with billiards and ping-pong tables, consoles, fussball, etc.
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.
If you think that we are searching you, apply by sending us your CV. PDF format is highly appreciated.