Opera Software is looking for an IT/system administrator to join the growing Opera Fintech Engineering Team located in Tallinn, Estonia, Wrocław, Poland or Gothenburg, Sweden.
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The teams in our Tallinn and Gothenburg offices are focusing on a new European fintech product and for this reason we need to grow our team with smart and lively colleagues. On our team you will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain we work in. Our team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address the real needs of millions of people.
Our offices are all about creating an environment that is not only suited for working in comfort, but also values helping employees continuously develop their professional skills. It is hard to imagine life in our office without pub nights, board game evenings and laughs around the kitchen table.
- Linux, Windows, MacOS
- Workstation hardware, laptops
- Puppet 5 / Ansible
- Bash/Python scripting
- TCP/IP networks
- Offer help both via ticketing system and for drop-ins.
- Diagnose computer issues and assist employees with their use of IT equipment.
- Help suggest improvements to IT processes and policies.
- Participating in Global IT Operation Team duties on a large scale - multi-datacenter IT infrastructure
- Troubleshooting complex IT problems
- Training team members and preparing robust documentation
- Constantly hunting for IT environment improvements and automation opportunities
- … if all else fails - ensuring successful escalation to the back office team
- At least 1-2 years of relevant IT administration experience
- Strong, analytical problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to create well-structured and understandable documentation and supporting course materials
- Scripting skills sufficient for automation of repetitive tasks (Bash/Python/Ansible)
- Autonomous working style, with an eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
- Fluency in Polish, both written and spoken
- Positive, open attitude and willingness to help people
- Previous experience in IT service environment will be an asset
- Systems administration experience will be an asset
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet) will be an asset