Our small, independent team develops and maintains big scale bare metal data centers for proxying browser traffic. These more-than-proxies are used daily by hundreds of millions of Opera users.
We are looking for a Fullstack Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Backend Compression team.
- writing feature and regression tests,
- integration and automation of the integration process,
- datacenter monitoring and automation of monitoring,
- incident reactions,
- being up to date with newest web standards,
- analyzing Internet traffic,
- close cooperation with developers and system administrators,
- a little bit of Android testing,
- quite a bit of freedom in prioritizing and driving initiatives (yes, it's also a responsibility!).
- Frontend or backend knowledge,
- Operating System experience,
- scripting programming language knowledge.
Nice to have:
- Internet Transport technologies: HTTP, TLS, TCP, DNS,
- Linux OS knowledge,
- Backend technologies: Python, SQL, C++,
- Compression technologies: zip, webp, etc.,
- Experience with data centers,
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks,
- Monitoring tools,
- Continuous Integration,
- Android testing.
If you know half of the requirements and would like to get familiar with the other half, please apply now.