Make an impact on the browsing experience of 360+ million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
Huge scale - small, independent teams.
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues and in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to work in a DevOps team that is responsible for developing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting the Opera Mini and other Opera services that are currently serving more than 200 million users.
- Automate processes and sub-processes to enable greater scale and speed
- Tune accuracy, performance and fault tolerance of our systems
- Configuring, securing and monitoring the Opera Mini server application and related service
- Cooperating with developers and QA in product creation
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Assisting the global NOC with monitoring and maintenance of internal and external networking/servers in our data centers
- Helping in capacity planning and hardware purchases
- Be part of the on-duty operations group to react on incidents.
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Have in-depth understanding of Linux system administration
- Knowledge of networking in Layer2 and Layer3 (IPv4, IPv6)
- Understanding of protocols such as DNS and HTTP.
- Proficient with modern programming language like (Python, C/C++, Go, Java)
- Good understanding of automation tools and linux/unix shell
- Experience with building systems that scale over 10k rps
- Able to iterate quickly with testing new ideas
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal job requirements
Experience with large-scale distributed systems