Performance Advertising Account Director (Sports Vertical)
Ireland, UK, Spain or Malta.
Opera is a global software company who engages, entertains and connects people around the globe. From web browsers to news applications, we provide the best consumer products to enjoy online content regardless of location or platform. Today, over 380 million people use Opera’s products on a monthly basis, making us one of the largest app publishers in the world. We present advertisers with the opportunity to reach and engage a global audience who spend an average of 28 mins with us daily.
We are looking for a highly motivated and strategic Account Director to support and scale and grow our Sports Advertising Vertical. The main responsibility of this role will be the day to day management of key advertising accounts from medium to large corporations and multinationals Globally. You will be responsible for driving client success and ensure their marketing and business objectives are effectively met using Opera's advertising solutions.
About the position
As an Account Director, you will report to the VP of Ad Operations & Monetization. You will have ample experience on the publisher and/or agency side working with multiple advertisers to build digital ad strategies and execute campaigns using the latest digital advertising tools and technologies. You will be passionate about understanding campaign intricacies and how to improve performance whilst understanding the range of Opera’s advertising products. You possess strong analytical ability, and will develop deep expertise in Opera's products and proprietary metrics to design and implement winning campaigns, optimising performance to derive insights and meet our advertisers’ needs.
- Become an expert on Opera's solutions and adapt recommendations based on advertiser needs.
- Work closely with performance advertisers to understand their business and marketing problems and objectives.
- Develop campaign based and long term strategies for clients to succeed with Opera Ads.
- Maximise and optimize advertising spend as well ROI for direct advertisers.
- Set commercial goals and grow advertisers' spend with Opera.
- Collaborate with advertisers to design and implement tracking and attribution setups for web and app based campaigns.
- Monitor campaigns, troubleshoot issues, resolve discrepancies and escalate to trafficking, optimisation and engineering teams using internal task management systems.
- Optimise campaign performance and identify trends for insights and documentation (case studies).
- Understand our reporting systems and generate reports on demand.
- Educate and train advertisers on our advertising solutions, reporting systems and metrics.
- Provide sales support through timely delivery of requested data, documentation and contact sharing.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the sales team, as well as other internal teams, to showcase results and optimisation recommendations for advertising campaigns.
- Manage advertising contracts using internal systems.
- Assist in monthly billing and 3rd party financial reconciliation.
- Proactively come up with ideas and solutions for product and process improvements based on experience and data.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years experience in digital advertising on publisher or agency side
- 2+ years minimum of experience in the sports/ gambling industry
- Competitive, driven, enthusiastic, cooperative personality aspects
- Track record of managing performance campaigns
- Experience in online gambling is an advantage
- Prior experience with DFP, Facebook ads, Google Ads, or other ad servers
- Excellent understanding of ad tech, programmatic advertising and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and social skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and campaigns with conflicting priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Relentless and proactively focused on growth
- Good project manager with discipline and accountability
- Conceptual thinker and able to come up with bold ideas
- Must be a self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision to initiate and complete tasks
- Able to collaborate and communicate expertly, both internally and externally at all levels
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Familiarity with key advertisers, publishers and agency landscape locally is a plus
- Must be enthusiastic, friendly and comfortable to work under pressure
We will review applications on a rolling basis, apply now! Go to https://jobs.opera.com/.
Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 380 million average monthly active users. Building on 25 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.