Location The ideal candidate is based in any of the following cities: Berlin, Dublin, London, Paris, Amsterdam or the US.
Opera is a global software company who engages, entertains and connects people around the globe. From web browsers to news applications, they provide the best consumer products to enjoy online content regardless of location or platform. Today, over 380 million people use their products on a daily basis, making them one of the largest app publishers in the world. They present advertisers with the opportunity to reach and engage a global audience who spend an average of 28 mins with us daily.
About the position
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to join the Monetization team to help scale our growing advertising business. You have in-depth knowledge of the rapidly evolving ecosystem of data and identity in advertising. You have strong opinions on how the ecosystem will change and what the winners will need to build to succeed. You have strong communication skills and are able to build and execute plans around your ideas and strategies.
You will own our DMP and Audience roadmap and drive this together with the data engineering team that establishes and executes the data identity across Opera’s advertising products, including new features, product commercialization, competitive analysis and strategic planning. You will have an impact on the overall company strategy through regular communication and product leadership. As a product manager you are comfortable leading and following depending on the situation.
- Own the success, vision and roadmap of DMP and Audiences Roadmap.
- Build targeting, DMP and CDP products that enable advertisers to connect with most relevant audiences.
- Build privacy-first ad data solutions that support multiple cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for aligning Roadmap and Data products with evolving advertising ecosystem changes in data usage & privacy compliance (cookie/ID deprecation, CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
- Author detailed Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) and release plans with security, legal and product teams.
- Understand the product and platform needs of advertisers that are looking to optimize media spend dynamically based on performance.
- Evaluate existing data and analytic platform capabilities (e.g. Third party DMPs, Adobe Analytics, etc.) and how these solutions will integrate with future data, identity, and analytics platform solutions.
- Lead cross-functional development teams through decomposition of requirements and iterative approaches to the best design, delivery, and support of DMP projects.
- Engage and influence development teams on design and technical decisions.
- Always thinking “how can I make this product / feature / platform better.
- Lead partnerships on key integrations for data and identity products.
- Deep understanding of online and offline data collection for advertising, data onboarding, and data models.
- Knowledge of visualisation technologies and databases.
- Ability to articulate the vision of the product to internal and external stakeholders and work towards a buy-in of that shared vision within the organisation.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant product management positions and environments.
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, DMP or CDP, with demonstrated ability to manage the complexities inherent with cross-device products and solutions.
- Familiarity with privacy regulations in the US and EU.
- You must be able to demonstrate successful completion of multiple product cycles, from conception to in-market.
- You need to be able to speak to product strategies and roadmaps that you have owned and built.
- Experience in a start-up environment or you can demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach in your roles and an understanding of working in a low-resource environment.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- You are creative when appropriate, but analytic in execution. You are relentlessly focused on delivery and understand the value of getting MVPs and products out the door so we can learn and modify as we go along.
- You don’t allow obstacles to deflect or deter you; you are a master of prioritization of your own time and the team’s time
- Willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so again) for in person meetings globally.
We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis, apply now!
Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 380 million average monthly active users. Building on 25 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.