Make an impact on the browsing experience of 360+ million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera is exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
Huge scale - small, independent teams.
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive.
We are looking for a Backend Python developer to work on a Core and QA team. The team is responsible for developing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Opera's internal services - helping us compile, test and ship Opera products worldwide.
- Support the team by building and improving CI and CD
- Automate processes and sub-processes to enable greater scale and speed
- Tune accuracy, performance and fault tolerance of our systems
- Cooperate with developers and QA in product creation
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Establish and advocate DevOps best practices in the team
- Help with capacity planning and hardware purchases
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- In-depth understanding of Linux system administration
- Proficiency with modern programming languages (Python, Go)
- Good understanding of automation tools and linux/unix shell
- Ability to iterate quickly with testing new ideas
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
An ideal candidate has:
- Fluency in English
- 5+ years of related experience
- Personal drive to develop new skills
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Near-expert knowledge of Python and Docker
- Proficiency with Go shell scripting
- An opportunity to connect with colleagues from all over the world
- A flat organizational structure and friendly atmosphere
- A place on one of the city's most collaborative and fun teams
- A flexible work environment
- Great company benefits