We are seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented and experienced Intern Content Editor – News CMS. This position is full-time and will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The ideal candidate will have a passion for news and digital content. A background in the digital media industries is a must. The Content Editor will deliver relevant, personalized news, as well as helping our users discover new content. The candidate is also expected to have a wide network in the media industry, strong sense about the news, Basis for traditional and new media journalism, have passion for apps and be a self-starter.
Opera offers a positive, fun and international work atmosphere where you can make a difference! This is your chance to shape the future of our products and brand – join us at the heart of all things Opera.
Locations: Johannesburg, South Africa
Experience: 0-5 years
• Work closely with engineers to provide feedback for machine learning.
• Deal with basic task like collecting news sources, extracting keywords, labelling samples.
• Track the latest news, curating and making sure the hottest news and topics are in the CMS.
• Track, understand and categorize different news sources.
• Skill for rewriting long headlines in to shorter format for hand held devices.
• Push breaking news and trending topics in all Opera's news products.
• Work across Opera teams and offices to support company wide projects and initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Literature or related field.
• Passion and knowledge for news and mobile apps.
• 0-5 years’ experience in digital media.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience with CMS; advanced editing skills.
• Ability to adjust rapidly to shifting deadlines and priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and should have good control on at least one local language.
• Data analysis skills.
• Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented under pressure.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, can accept to work on night shift or weekend.