Opera Software is looking for a Go/Java/Python Developer to join the growing Opera Fintech Engineering Team located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The team in our Gothenburg office has been specializing in exploring new domains and bringing new products to market in a fast-paced iterative environment. We spent the last two years building OPay, a successful payment product for the African market. It has quickly risen to become the top mobile money and ride-hailing app in Nigeria and is expanding across Sub-Saharan Africa.
As our team now switches focus to a new European fin-tech product, we need to grow our team with smart and playful colleagues. On our team you will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain we work in. Our team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address real needs for millions of people.
The Gothenburg office has a relaxed, casual and fun atmosphere with Friday beers, board game evenings, great comradery and above all, a lot of laughs. This is a place where there is time for both socialization and play, but also plenty of opportunities to learn new things, take responsibility, develop as a professional and contribute to our exciting products.
- Collaboration with an autonomous team of developers, designers, testers and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Involvement in architectural and design discussions, building toward an efficient, extensible, and secure payment system
- Improving test coverage and product quality
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Strong knowledge of web architecture and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of concurrent programming and thread handling
- Diligence for quality and an understanding of what it means to ship high-quality code in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, performant, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with Agile work processes
- Self-motivated, structured and able to take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Ideal knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Go/Python/Java programming languages, paradigms, constructs, idioms, framework, and tools
- Knowledge of docker and system operations
- Knowledge of web security, protocols and services
- Knowledge of continuous integration/delivery