Location: Remote UK (preferred) or Europe
As a Developer Relations Manager at Opera Gaming, you will be joining an international team where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution. Join us in our mission to help developers to launch and grow their creations on the web with confidence.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build the foundations and grow an engaged GX developer community
- Foster communication and collaboration within the community through events, discord, and other initiatives
- Monitor and gather feedback from the community to continuously improve their experience and satisfaction
- Create and curate valuable resources and content for the developer community
- Represent the developer community internally to ensure their needs and concerns are being heard and addressed
- 2-5 years of experience in developer relations in the games or entertainment industry
- Strive to continuously improve the community experience through active listening with sincerity and openness
- Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with game developers
- Understanding of the importance of fostering a supportive and inclusive community environment
An Ideal Candidate’s Profile:
- Knowledge and understanding of the game development landscape and ecosystem
- Practical experience with game development tools and platforms
- Passion for gaming and a deep appreciation for the art and science of game creation
- A dynamic and forward-thinking individual seeking to make an impact as a Developer Relations Manager
- A community leader with an understanding of the importance of fostering a supportive and inclusive community environment
- Embraces the challenge of scaling impact through innovative programs, driving the success of multiple games
- A skilled communicator with the ability to clearly articulate concepts, provide feedback, share expertise, and collaborate effectively
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Opera diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We recognize that being diverse and inclusive makes us stronger as a business. Our aim is to attract, recruit and retain people who reflect the diverse nature of our business, clients, and communities regardless of nationality, ethnicity, faith, belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background, age, and disability.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely in Europe on a flexible core hour schedule
- An international internet company culture with products that address a massive global user base
- Flat structured environment where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution
- You’ll be joining our journey at an early stage where your voice will have a big impact
We will review applications continuously, so apply now! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, a Video Streaming Service Loomi, and apps committed to gaming, and sports.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Spain, and Sweden, and a presence in many other countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.