Opera Software is looking for an Android Developer to join the growing Opera Payments Engineering Team located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile phone. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
- Develop and maintain our payment app and merchant app using Kotlin
- Develop and maintain integration with our Golang servers
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with a keen interest in technology
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- An understanding of modern Android development and passion for quality
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Strong Kotlin skills, including:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- A good sense of usability, attention to detail, and polish
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal job requirements
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android’s UI design principles, patterns, and its best practices
- Strong knowledge of the Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git