Make an impact on the browsing experience of 322 million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
Huge scale - small, independent teams.
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues and in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive.
We are looking for a Backend developer to work in a Mobile team that is responsible for developing, configuring, monitoring Opera services that are currently serving more than 200 million users.
- Develop new services and add features to variety of systems.
- Take part in overall design and architecture discussions.
- Participate in and contribute to all parts of the development.
- Tune accuracy, performance and fault tolerance of our systems
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Be part of the on-duty operations group to react on incidents.
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Linux
- Good understanding of web protocols like HTTP or TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge about algorithms, data structures and databases
- Proficient with modern programming language like (Python, Go, Java)
- Good understanding of automation tools and linux/unix shell
- Able to iterate quickly with testing new ideas
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Ideal job requirements:
- Experience with distributed systems and/or parallel processing
- Experience with monitoring solutions (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Knowledge of docker and system operations will be a plus
- Experience in configuration management tools like Ansible and any of container orchestration will be a plus