Are you passionate about telling stories through great writing?
Opera is looking for a creative, innovative and flexible Content Writer (Bahasa Indonesia) who can contribute to the growth and success of Opera News. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to write and edit articles on a wide range of topics, and work with teams and individuals.
Our ideal candidate is someone who’s ready to dive in immediately to produce and publish content.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Recent graduates with excellent writing skills are welcome to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Produce well-written and grammatically accurate content on a deadline
- Research markets, competitors and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and original
- Collaborate with leadership and respective teams to brainstorm and develop new content ideas with an understanding of news dynamics, trends and targeted audiences
- Optimize online content for SEO purposes
- Proofread and edit content produced by other team members as needed
- Apply an editorial eye to ensure that all written materials are typo-free, clear, concise, flow well and meet Opera style and brand guidelines
Who you are:
- A creative thinker, writer and marketer
- Passionate about writing on trending topics
- Fixated on wordsmithing and deadlines
- Known for multitasking, prioritizing and managing your time
- Someone with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable when thinking on your feet and working through ambiguity
- Someone with solid interpersonal skills, and have experience working with company leadership
What you’ll need:
- A proven writing experience with a background in journalism or relevant field. Writing samples are required
- A BA/BS degree in Communication, Literature, Business, or related field is required
- Experience in content management systems such as WordPress and photo editing software
- Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Strong relationship, organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency with computer (Microsoft Office Suite) and web tools
- Experience with social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- The ability to work a non-traditional schedule, including nights and weekends