Make an impact on the browsing experience of 380+ million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
Huge scale - small, independent teams.
We are looking for a Backend Developer (Python/Go) to work in a Mobile Services team that is responsible for developing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting the Opera Mini and other Opera mobile services that are currently serving more than 200 million users.
- Development of new and existing server applications to support Opera´s mobile browsers
- Unit test preparation and improvement of test coverage
- Reviewing coworkers code
- Development of internal infrastructure and automation to support above applications
- On-call support for selected high availability services (paid extra)
- Hands on experience with Python and/or Go language
- Experience in developing backend server applications
- Experience in designing client-server APIs for mobile applications
- Additional experience which would be a huge benefit:
- DevOps skills (K8s, Docker, Ansible, Terraform)
- Knowledge of Typescript or modern web framework like Vue, React, Angular
- Experience in integration with DBs and datastores: MongoDB, Redis, BigQuery, PostgreSQL.
- Working equipment of your choice to the highest specification
- Self-development opportunities
- Healthcare package and life insurance
- Multisport card and co-financing for health and fitness services
- Employee referral program
- AskHenry concierge service, English lessons, massages at the office
- Parking close to the office
- Quarterly integration events
- Daily breakfast in the office kitchen
- Playroom with billiards and ping-pong tables, consoles, fussball, etc.
At Opera, we make web browsers for computers, tablets and mobile phones. Our portfolio also includes services and solutions for news aggregation, data compression and privacy. Our aim is to shape an open, connected world, giving users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Our passion is to create innovative products and services for users who expect more than just a regular browser, which brings the whole world online.