About the company:
Opera is a Nasdaq listed consumer internet company with more than 300 million monthly users across its portfolio of mobile apps and computer software. We are a company of approximately 400 people, headquartered in Norway. We also have major offices in Poland, China and Sweden, as well as presence in 15 additional countries.
Opera was spun out from its former parent company, now Otello Corporation ASA, in 2016. In 2018, Opera again became a publicly listed company. So, while we have a 20+ year history, we are in many ways a new company. We are a multi-national and multi-cultural company with big ambitions for the future and are always up to something new. At Opera there is never a dull moment!
Context and role:
With the expansion of our sales team, we are looking for a sales manager with relevant experience from a similar role in other companies. The areas of responsibility and work will span across topics including:
- Work with the Global Sales Manager to achieve and exceed quarterly revenue targets and operational goals
- Maintain an accurate revenue forecast and healthy pipeline of opportunities
- Sell into major agency holding companies and top-tier brands
- Build effective relationships with key advertisers, media agencies and trading desks at all levels - from traders to senior leadership
- Assess potential business deals, negotiate favorable terms and gain commitment
- Solid understanding of digital advertising aspects
- Experience in selling CPM, CPC and CPA campaigns supported by relationships with key people at the largest Agencies and key brands
- Ability to work across teams internally to ensure successful on-boarding and scaling of new clients and campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to present effectively across multiple levels in an organization including C-level execs, Trading, and Product teams
- Experience in programmatic sales is a plus
- Fluency in English