Make an impact on the browsing experience of 350 million monthly active users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create get implemented quickly and delivered to our users.
What we offer is the possibility to join an energetic team developing products used by millions of people all around the world. You will be working in very close collaboration with some of the best engineers in the industry, and we offer an environment with international colleagues, customers and end users.
- Perform vulnerability assessments of Opera products/services and IT infrastructure.
- Working closely with the security champions (“blue team”) in the product department, validate proposed fixes and advise on remediation plans.
- Develop and update internal guidelines for vulnerability assessments.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging security products and technologies.
- Participate in security compliance programs and audit tasks.
- Participate in internal projects on security automation.
- A proven track record of vulnerability assessments or security audits.
- Ability to independently research emerging cybersecurity risks and threats, and their potential impact on Opera environments.
- A practical knowledge of operating systems (*NIX), network security principles and technologies, and security tools.
- A good understanding of software development processes, principles and technologies, top application-security vulnerabilities, and mitigation methods.
- A curiosity and passion for security.
- A track record of public speaking and publications on security research will be a significant plus.