Senior Marketing Manager, YoYo Games/Opera
Location: Oslo, Wroclaw, Dundee, Warsaw
Come work with us
We are looking for a passionate Senior Marketing Manager to join Opera Gaming’s Marketing team and lead the execution of all Marketing activities for the globally famous GameMaker Studio 2 Game Engine.
If you’re a highly analytical strategic thinker with past experience in e-commerce and global marketing coupled with imagination and enthusiasm, then we believe this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues, in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive. Cooperation with hard-working, experienced people will help you introduce new and exciting ideas and continuously improve your work.
- Reporting to Opera’s Product Marketing Director, you will lead GameMaker Studio 2’s global marketing strategy, working with the Growth Marketing Manager, Community Manager and Opera Marketing team for it’s delivery
- Understand customer engagement with GameMaker to drive growth, inform our product roadmap and instigate targeted marketing campaigns
- Experience in localization and creation of go-to-market product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and external communications
- Ensure the delivery of all aspects of marketing, including content creation, user acquisition, PR, branding and positioning, education and engagement campaigns, events and communications to our consumer, studio and education markets
- Measuring and reporting progress against marketing goals, gain customer insight and develop outstanding go-to-market strategies for established and new markets
- Managing the digital technology stack used for analytics and marketing automation
- Building strategic relationships, negotiating supplier and partnership agreements, while working closely with the Legal and Operations teams to execute them
- Write creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs, optimizing campaigns to maximize ROI
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of marketing management or marketing project management experience, with a documented track record in managing the marketing of an e-commerce B2C or software product, ideally but not necessarily in the Game Tools environment
- An aptitude for working in fast-moving, high-growth companies is essential
- A proven record as a strategic thinker, with the ability to influence senior leaders across a complex global organisation is a must
- Exposure to leveraging and working with a highly engaged community, utilising it to shape strategy
- Experience of working with agencies and partners to execute campaigns across various digital channels
- Ability to clearly articulate the essence of GameMaker and its value, develop strategic positioning and an effective content strategy plan; you should also be able to provide creative and copywriting input
- Experienced in ensuring the essential elements of SEO are being adhered to at all times and a clear understanding of relevant privacy legislation
We will review applications on a rolling basis, apply now!
Opera is a leading global web innovator. Opera’s browsers, news products, gaming and fintech solutions are the trusted choice of more than 380 million people worldwide. Huge scale - small, independent teams. Building on 25 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.