Make an impact on the browsing experience of 360+ million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
Huge scale - small, independent teams.
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues and in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive.
- Develop new services and add features to variety of systems.
- Take part in overall design and architecture discussions.
- Participate in and contribute to all parts of the development.
- Adapt to and learn new technologies.
- Understand and act upon the needs of your internal users (developers, QA, managers).
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable and performant Pythonic code
- Experience in Linux
- Good understanding of web protocols like HTTP or TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge about algorithms, data structures and databases
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Bonus points for experience in web frameworks, HTTP server management, configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible