Opera Software is looking for a server administrator to join the growing Opera Fintech Engineering Team located in Tallinn, Estonia or Gothenburg Sweden.
With a global user base of over 350 million, Opera is an international internet company that has expanded into product areas beyond our popular browsers. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, fintech solutions, news aggregation services, as well as data compression and privacy software.
The teams in our Tallinn and Gothenburg offices are focusing on a new European fintech product and for this reason we need to grow our team with smart and lively colleagues. On our team you will work surrounded by supportive, experienced team members that have a curiosity for both technology and the product domain we work in. Our team enjoys a lot of independence building products that address the real needs of millions of people.
Our offices are all about creating an environment that is not only suited for working in comfort, but also values helping employees continuously develop their professional skills. It is hard to imagine life in our office without pub nights, board game evenings and laughs around the kitchen table.
- Configuring, securing and monitoring application servers in AWS cloud
- Tune the accuracy, performance and fault tolerance of our systems
- Automate processes and sub-processes to enable greater scale and speed
- Be part of the on-duty operations group to react to incidents
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A good understanding and hands-on experience with Linux systems (minimum of 3 years equivalent working experience)
- Experience with AWS cloud platform
- An understanding of TCP/IP and general knowledge of computer network aspects
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform or similar)
- Experience working with container-based stack (preferably Docker)
- General knowledge of IT system security
- Self-motivated, structured and able to take initiative, as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with an eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills